K-1 Visas

The K-1 Visa is intended to bring the foreign fiancé(e) of a U.S. Citizen to the United States. The fiancé(e) visa (or K1 nonimmigrant visa) allows the U.S. citizen’s fiancé(e) to enter the United States for 90 days so that the marriage ceremony can take place. Once the legal marriage occurs, the foreign spouse may apply for permanent residence and remain in the United States while USCIS processes the application.

If you petition for a K-1 Visa, you must demonstrate that:

  • You (The Petitioner) are a U.S. Citizen
  • You and your fiancé (e) intend to marry within 90 days of your fiancé (e) entering the United States
  • You and your fiancé (e) are both free to marry one another and any other previous marriages have been legally terminated
  • You and your fiancé (e) met each other, in person, at least once within two years of filing your petition.

At the Law Office of Spojmie Nasiri, we have extensive experience in family based immigration matters. No matter what the situation is, we will provide you with the representation and advice you can trust.